The museum shop is available to use for all visiting parties during their time at the museum. There are many items geared towards school children, at a very affordable price, starting at 20p. There should be (time permitting) chance for your group to visit the gift shop during the lunch break.We can make up pre-ordered ‘goodie bags,’ at any cost you choose, which can be prepared in advance, ie. £1.50, £2.00, £3.00 etc. This can make the visit easier for schools especially if they are pressed for time.If you wish to use this facility, please contact the gift shop manager who can advise on a selection of suitable items to suit your theme of study. The bags will be ready for you to take with you before you leave.
Below is an example of a typical £2 goody bag. Items include a Pharaoh pen and pencil, a scarab beetle and papyrus bookmark.
Here is a list of some of the items that we offer in the goody bags.
- Sand animals –( Small 85p Large £1.50)
- Push Up Animals (£1.50)
- Wooden Snakes (£1.50)
- Gold god/temple Figures (£1.50)
- Pyramid Dig out Kit (£3.00)
- Hieroglyph Rulers (£1.50)
- Rocket Erasers (80p)
- Rocket Crayons (80p)
- Pharaoh Pencil (60p)
- Pharaoh Pen (60p)
- Egypt Centre Pencil (50p)
- Blank Book mark ( 50p)
- Painted Book Mark (£1.00)
- Tumble chip stones (50p)
- Large Scarabs (£1.00)
- Small Scarabs (30p)
- Quills (70p)
- Assorted Necklaces ( with one of the following scarab beetles, cartouches with the name of tutankhamun or cleopatra, cats, wadject eyes all £1.50 each )
- Cotton Scarab bracelets (£1.00)
- Black Resin statues ( that reflect objects in our collection £1.00 each)
- Blank Papyrus (small 25p medium 50p, large £1.00)
- Cleopatra coins (£1.00)
- Colouring Postcards (£1.50)
We can also provide childrens party bags. Please ring the Gift Shop Manager on 01792 602660 for more information.